The term “liquid exfoliant” has been steadily gaining popularity over the last few weeks and is now poised to be one of the hot new things in early 2019. At first glance, it seems like a very specific and sort of oddball product out of the many, many there are to choose from in the world of beauty and self-care. But on closer inspection, this product fits in exactly with upcoming trends and the current social climate that we’re living in as we start the new year.
1. Everything at the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 is going to be about subtle (and not-so-subtle) shimmer. There are options that will help boost the natural glow of your skin to create a great base for looks in the new year. By using a product that is good for your skin to achieve that desired shimmer, rather than a liquid or powder makeup, you can achieve the same look without clogging your pores.
2. With the rise of a more natural look, your skin needs to be naturally flawless. The extreme contour is fading fast, much to the relief of everyone who didn’t enjoy blending for 6 hours a day, but that also means your natural skin needs to be on point. Unlike a lot of other products that just try to cover up or treat one problem, liquid exfoliators actually make your skin healthier by removing dead skin cells.
3. The good news is that brands are getting ahead of this trend by releasing tons of new options for dry, oily and acne-prone skin. There’s already a lot of options out there by stand-by self-care stores like Lush and The Body Shop but get ready for a flood of new options from all the major makeup brands. Consider yourself warned though: there’s probably going to be the same price spike that usually comes when a specific product is trending. So stock up now before the rush.
4. By default, liquid exfoliants are also much easier on skin than traditional exfoliants that rely on physically scrubbing away the dead skin. Great news for everyone with sensitive and dry skin! Combining liquid exfoliators into your daily routine is easy because of so many options. If you already use a product like a toner or a moisturizer, try substituting liquid exfoliator to get the same benefits plus smoother and healthier skin.
5. 2019 is the year we get stuff done. We are busy people, and this is a killer way to save time so you can get back to being the boss you are. By incorporating liquid exfoliant into your daily routine, you’ll be renewing your skin consistently versus once-a-week skin treatments like face masks and scrubs that are too harsh and time consuming to use daily. It can be easy to forget skin care in your morning routine and focus more on makeup that covers up existing skin problems. Applying a liquid exfoliator before starting your routine can not only improve health but will ultimately save time. Better, smoother skin requires less foundation to look flawless.